Adele is set to generate $100million for her appearance with Oprah Winfrey
Adele's visit with Oprah Winfrey, the world's most recognized talk show host, is expected to bring in $100 million. The 33-year-old global diva is just six days away from releasing her long-awaited fourth album, 30, but she's proving that music isn't the only way to make money.
Adele's One Night Only conversation with the 67-year-old will run on CBS on Sunday evening, and the show, which was produced by James Corden's Fulwell 73, has signed a revenue share arrangement to be distributed worldwide.
According to The Mirror, the CBS show may earn more than $100 million (around £74 million), with Corden's company taking apart. The two-hour special will feature the pop singer's first new material in six years, according to a source, who claims CBS paid 'at least $5 million, but maybe as much as $7 million for the interview to air.
'While she may claim that the interview is free, her musical performances on the broadcast are paid performances.' 'TV networks all around the world are pouring money into their regions, and it will mean millions in the bank,' a source told the publication.
'Syndication fees might amount to more than $100 million,' the insider continued. It's a brilliant piece of business for Adele — you advertise your new album while still making a tidy little profit.'
Adele and James' reps have been asked for comment by MailOnline. James, a 43-year-old actor-turned-presenter, founded Fulwell 73 with five others, and the business also produced An Audience With Adele, which will show on ITV on November 21.
The Easy On Me hitmaker talked with Oprah at her Montecito house for the special - the same location where the producer grilled Harry and Meghan in March.
That much-awaited interview sparked tens of millions of dollars in bidding wars amongst broadcasters, and it was syndicated to 70 countries. Adele stated that adjusting to being a single parent and her divorce was a 'journey' and 'exhausting' in a sneak peek of the upcoming interview.
Adele will speak about her divorce from Simon Konecki and the impact it had on their nine-year-old son Angelo.
The artist went into depth about what inspired the lyrics for her new single Hold On in a preview video published on Friday.
'I am such a mess, the more I strive, the more I regress, I'm my own worst enemy, right now I honestly despise being me,' says the track's verse.
'It feels like the road I'm on is about to open up and swallow me whole every day.' How do I feel so insignificant when I can't seem to feel anything at all...'
'Another new song on the album is titled Hold On, and the lyrics of this song are so brutally honest, it sounds like you were in the dark, dark, dark hours there,' Oprah, 67, said when asked about the song's inspiration.
'Girl you can write! So what was going on there what was happening?'
Adele responded: 'Oh thank you. My friends would always say 'hold on' when I felt like those lyrics in the verse. It was just exhausting trying to keep going with it.
'It's a process the divorce, the process of being a single parent, the process of not seeing your child every single day wasn't really the plan that I had when I became a mum.
She added: 'So many people will know what I'm talking about and I juggle those things as well and I just sometimes felt like not doing it anymore.
'And also trying to move forward but with intention, not just trying to get out of it for no reason. It made my feet hurt, walking through all that concrete!'
Post a Comment