Adele's 'One Night Only' concert had a who's who of A-listers on the guest list
Adele's 'One Night Only' concert drew a who's who of Hollywood A-listers. Selena Gomez, Lizzo, and other celebrities attended Adele's comeback performance. There were more stars in the aisles at Adele's CBS special than there are in the skies over Los Angeles. Adele's One Night Only concert at Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles saw the 33-year-old singer perform for an A-list crowd that included Gabrielle Union, her husband Dwyane Wade, and James Corden, to name a few. "I flew all across the country just to be here," Tyler Perry said in an Entertainment Weekly preview special. The Late Late Show's host also gushed over the occasion. Corden remarked, "What an incredible evening." But that was just the beginning.
As the show went on, it became clear that the whole city of Hollywood had gathered at the Griffith Observatory to see Adele perform. Seth Rogen, his bestie Nicole Richie, Selena Gomez, Gayle King, Ellen DeGeneres, Gordon Ramsay, Sarah Paulson, Melissa McCarthy, Donald Glover, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Ava DuVernay, and, of course, Leonardo DiCaprio were all in the front row.
Even before the show aired, we knew there was another great talent in the audience. In the clip, Lizzo can be seen standing on her feet, dressed in a smoke-colored feathery costume. "Also, get you, Lizzo," Adele tells the "Rumors" singer. "You're going to overshadow me, Babes." According to Adele, there will be plenty of witty banter as well as some of her trademark comedy. "I'll make it appear really smart, then tell a bunch of filthy jokes." "It'll be like whiplash for them," Adele said Oprah Winfrey, who interviewed Lizzo for the two-hour event.
Adele One Night Only featured the "Hello" singer performing songs from her past as well as previews from her next album, 30. "You'll hear a lot of older songs and then four new ones," Adele told Oprah. She also mentioned how the Griffith Observatory was an excellent choice for this "reunion" concert. "It's also being in Los Angeles, where I've had to recover from everything that's happened in my life over the last five years." "It was a flawless performance."
When Adele states "everything that transpired throughout my life," what exactly does she mean? Most likely, she's referring to the breakup of her marriage to Simon Konecki. In April 2019, the couple announced their split after three years of marriage. "It was long overdue," Adele said of her divorce. "It was exhausting, but I had the luxury of taking as much time as I wanted, which isn't something everyone gets." That's something I'm really conscious of." Adele, who has a 9-year-old son named Angelo Adkins with Simon, has said that her upcoming album will focus on "my side" of the story. "I've learned a lot more in the last few years than I ever have," she said. On November 19th, the number 30 will be released.
Post a Comment