Conor McGregor next fight and offers an update on his possible UFC return
Conor McGregor has been training nonstop since his horrific injury against Dustin Poirier to completely recover and return. McGregor's recovery from such a significant injury was initially expected to take more than a year. Time, along with a good recovery process, has done wonders for the UFC legend. Conor actually wanted to update all of his Twitter followers.
He chose to answer a lot of their queries and perhaps even give them a timeline for his return. Through the #asknotorious hashtag, Conor really got into it with all of the fans.
Here's what Conor had to say about it on Twitter: "The fibula has recovered completely. The callous on the medial side of the tibia is also growing nicely. Now all that is required is patience as it forms down through the bone to the lateral side of the tibia, where the greater break occurred. It's coming together. This race will be won by patience for me! This is something I rejoice about every day! What doesn't kill you strengthens you! I'm becoming more powerful! I can't wait to wrap this steel rod around a future opponent's neck with my leg! I'm keeping track of the seconds till I can fire this weapon.
By April, I'll be able to spar in mixed martial arts. Easily! A return will be on the cards by then. But I have to wait. I'm going to win!"
Bring all what is coming, on!
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) November 17, 2021
Bring. It. On. pic.twitter.com/IR54KFqSQv
What was Conor's reaction to the Covington-Usman fight?
Conor answered anything from giving respect to Sean O'Malley and Michael Chandler among the numerous questions he received from fans. He also added his two cents on Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington's second fight. Here's what he had to say about it: "I thought Colby did a good job of lumping him up in the last fight. I was able to finish stronger. Without the knockdown in the second round, I think it's Colby's fight.
If it's still possible. I see a lot of flaws. There's also a suspicious dome. I like it a lot for the treble." Will we ever see Covington go off against Kamaru Usman in a trilogy?
If McGregor makes a comeback in April, it might coincide with the winner of the forthcoming lightweight title battle between Charles Oliveira and Dustin Poirier at UFC 269. McGregor has stated that he will be the first in line for the winner of that fight.
Post a Comment