Tom Brady Tells Oprah Why He is looking forward To Not Playing Football One Day

Tom Brady Tells Oprah Why He is looking forward To Not Playing Football One Day
Tom Brady Tells Oprah Why He is looking forward To Not Playing Football One Day

Tom Brady revealed what he's most looking forward to in retirement when speaking with Oprah about his holiday preparations. Tom Brady is looking forward to days when the NFL season does not fall on a holiday weekend. On Nov. 22, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback, 44, spoke with Oprah Winfrey on her SiriusXM podcast Let's Go! with Tom Brady, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jim Gray about his Thanksgiving plans, in which he mused about a post-football future that would allow him to spend more time with loved ones during the holiday season.

"It's usually kind of mashed together," Tom added because Thanksgiving falls in the thick of football season. "On that Sunday, we normally have a game." 'Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up, hurry up The holiday season has arrived. It's finally here. "It's like the holidays come and go." "There's a lot to be thankful for on Thanksgiving," he said, "but you only have about four hours to appreciate it: practice usually ends around 1 or 2 p.m." You eat around 3:30 p.m., then prepare for the next day of practice, and then prepare for Christmas."

The quarterback added, “I’m looking forward to the time when I’m done playing football so that I can have some of those more normal holidays that I had growing up that was important where the family’s all together.” While the athlete has a notoriously strict diet (one that consists of all-natural and whole foods), he admitted that he’ll be indulging in all the Thanksgiving goods this year, diet is damned. “That’s the one meal where I’m like, screw it, let’s go for it,” he said. “And we all get to enjoy it.”

Tom has already spoken up about his retirement plans, claiming that he "owes" it to his family to think about retiring - maybe around the age of 45. Since 2009, the sportsman has been married to model Gisele Bündchen. Vivian, 8, and Benjamin, 11, are their two children. Tom also has a 14-year-old son, John, with his ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan. In July, he declared on SiriusXM's Town Hall, "I play because I enjoy the game." "Even if we love something, we shouldn't put our lives on hold because someone imposes an arbitrary deadline on it."

He continued, “I think I committed to saying, ‘Hey, I’m going to play till I’m 45.’ And this year I’ll be 44, which naturally takes me to the next year. I’ve got a two-year contract. We’ll see what happens beyond that. Things change as you get older, and there’s a lot of different responsibilities I have in my life. My kids and my family is certainly very important, and they made a lot of sacrifice over a long period of time to watch me play. So, you know, I owe it to them, too.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post