There will be one fewer student in Euphoria's classrooms (though it's not like they ever attend class anyway): Barbie Ferreira, who played Kat in the first two seasons of the HBO teen drama, has said that she will leave the show before the third season starts.
Ferreira announced the news in an Instagram story (first reported by Vulture), saying: "After four years of getting to embody the most special and enigmatic character, Kat, I’m having to say a very teary-eyed goodbye. I hope many of you could see yourself in her like I did and that she brought you joy to see her journey into the character she is today. I put all my care and love into her and I hope you guys can feel it too. "Love you, Katherine Hernandez." (TVLine has reached out to HBO for confirmation.)
Ferreira made her acting debut as Kat in the 2019 series premiere of the popular drama, where she was a series regular. However, following a rookie season in which Kat experimented with watching sexually explicit films and acquired a charming lover named Ethan, Season 2 saw her relegated to supporting roles while appearing in all eight episodes. The Daily Beast said that Ferreira hurt herself during filming a hot tub scene for Season 2 amid rumors of conflict between the actress and series creator Sam Levinson.
In a statement, HBO refuted claims that the production was unsafe, claiming that "there were never any official queries lodged" and that it "was in perfect accordance with all safety requirements and guild protocols." This year, Euphoria's second season was nominated for 16 Emmys, including one for Outstanding Drama Series. In February, the show was picked up for a third season.
Zendaya, the series' star, has previously praised her connection with Levinson as a coworker. "Sam is like family to me. "I talk to him almost every day and night, every other day," Zendaya offered. Sometimes we talk about euphoria, and sometimes we just talk about life or current events or whatever. So, we got this idea that we could do a movie in quarantine safely with a very small number of people. We used some crew members from Euphoria who obviously didn't have a job because filming had stopped. I was fascinated with the idea of shooting a film with just two characters.
It was like a play. It was challenging for all of us because it was shot in just one space. Being quarantined together was great in some ways because it allowed us to the workshop and really dig into the material while we were there.

Post a Comment